For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Controller is Leafcutter Group Limited, 1st Floor, 2 Woodberry Grove, Finchley, London N12 0DR.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following information from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Service. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our Service, posting material or requesting further information or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Service.
- In order to register as a user with Skooba, you will be asked to sign in using your Facebook login. If you do so, you authorise us to access certain account information on your Facebook profile, such as your public Facebook profile (in accordance with your privacy settings in Facebook), your email address, interests, likes, gender, birthday, education history, relationship interests, current city, photos, personal description, friend list, occupation, education and information about and photos of your Facebook friends who might be common Facebook friends with other Skooba users. You will also be asked to allow Skooba to collect your location information from your device when you download or use the Service. If you sign in to an Instagram account via the Service, you authorize us to access your Instagram account in order to retrieve photos that you choose to post on the Service.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Service including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- In addition, we may collect and store any personal information you provide while using our Service. This may include identifying information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information. You may also provide us photos, videos, a personal description, personal preferences in relation to music, occupation and education data and information about your gender and preferences for recommendations, such as search distance, age range and gender. We also gather location data needed to provide proximity searches for other users. If you chat with other Skooba users, you provide us the content of your chats, and if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication.
- Your device ID (and type) is also retained to allow push notifications to be sent. Your IP address, your browser type and language, the operating system used by your device, access times and activity times are also collected.
- We will also hold a record of: the posts and stories that you like; who you initiate contact with (by sending a like); who you match with; the time you were last online; and when you un-match with or report another user.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data are kept secure and are kept for the duration of your use of our Service. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data when transmitted to our Service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If your personal details change you may update them by accessing the relevant page of the Service. If you have any questions about how we use data collected which relates to you, please contact us by sending a request by email to the contact details below.
Uses Made of Your Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including to manage your account and provide you with customer support.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our or others’ products, services, or content, including analysis of trends and segments.
- To develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites; and
- To perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Leafcutter Group Limited, the Service, our users and any third party we interact with the to provide the Service.
- if you register with Skooba, to allow your Skooba profile to be viewed by other users of the Service. Other users (and in the case of any sharing features available on Skooba, the individuals or apps with whom a Skooba user may choose to share you with) will be able to view information you have provided to us directly or through Facebook (or other social media platforms you choose to connect to your Skooba profile, such as Instagram), such as your photos, any additional photos you upload, your first name, your age, approximate number of miles away, your personal description and information you have in common with the person viewing your profile, such as common Facebook (or Instagram) friends and likes.
IP Addresses and Cookies
Our Website uses certain cookies, including cookies provided by Google Analytics. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer or device if you agree. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of the Service, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Service and also allows us to improve the Service.
The cookies we use are “analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking/ticking certain tick boxes we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using our contact details set out below.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.